Xiaomi under its Redmi brand introduced the first smartwatch dubbed as Redmi Watch along with the Redmi Note 9 series phones. It has a 1.4-inch touch color LCD screen, 120+watch faces, 24-hour heart rate monitoring, 50-meter (5 ATM) water resistance so that you can also take it for swimming.
The Watch has 7 sports modes, has a 35g lightweight design, Multifunctional NFC for payments, offers notification for calls, SMS, and third-party app messages, and the 230mAh battery promises up to 7 days of battery life with typical use and up to 12 days in long battery life mode.
Redmi Watch specifications
- 1.4-inch (320×320 pixels) 323 PPI touch color LCD screen
- Six-axis sensor, geomagnetic sensor, Ambient light sensor, Heart rate sensor
- Bluetooth 5.0 to connect to Android 5.0+ and iOS 10.0+ devices
- 7 Sports modes: Indoor Running, Outdoor Running, Outdoor Cycling, Indoor Cycling, Swimming, Swimming, Freestyle
- Automated Heart Rate Measurement, 24-hour Real-time Heart Rate, Sleep Detection, Steps, Calories, Distance, Sedentary Reminder, Activity Records
- Multifunctional NFC
- Call Notification, Message Reminder, Alarm Reminder
- Water Resistant (5ATM or 50 meters)
- Dimensions: 41x 35 x 10.9mm; Weight: 35g (including strap)
- 230mAh battery with 7 days battery life with typical use, 12 days in long battery life mode
The Redmi Watch comes in Elegant Black, Ink Blue, and Ivory White colors with matching straps and additional straps in Cherry Pink and Pine Green colors. It is priced at 269 yuan (US$ 40.9 / Rs. 3,018 approx.), is available for order, and will go on sale in China from December 1st.